Old 12-04-2007, 07:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
drsolo drsolo is offline

Default Algae Wanted

that is for moss... not algae. All algae needs is sun and nutrients.
Ingrid

"RichardB" wrote in message
I have heard that with "fake rock" water features that are sold here (New
Zealand) they recommend if you want an aged, weathered look to brush it

with
plain Yoghurt, it promotes the algae growth.....

wrote in message
Yep I'd like to grow some Algae on the new patch work of my concrete pond
to help hide the differences in color between the new and old concrete
Any ideas on how to speed up the process would be helpful

TerryinTexas

See what's free at AOL.com.