Old 12-04-2007, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Keith Kent Keith Kent is offline

Default Misting question

"Jane" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just replanted a phal. The planting medium that I got is some kind
of bark chips. It appears to dry out very quickly and when I water
it, the water just runs out the bottom immediately.

The plant is doing fine. It has a flower spike that is growing so the
replanting when well.

Should I mist the wood chips? I'd rather not start misting the plant
because I have had really good luck with the other five plants that I
have and I've never done any misting.

I'm just concerned that this repotted plant is drying out too quickly.

By the way - I LOVE this newsgroup. You guys have given me such great
advice and I'm slowly becoming addicted to the wonderful plants.

What you have described sounds good to me,it possibly is not as dry as you
think ,only the top layer of bark.As mentioned get used to lifting the pot
and don`t get to bogged down with watering too much as this will surely kill
the plant.
Thanks Keith