Old 12-04-2007, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default and so the watering begins...

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Well Sacha says she is watering...

and so am I.. outside veg, young fruit trees, border flowers.

I don't usually bother with the grass, but there are big cracks there
already.

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Yes-watering here and have been for the last two weeks. Even the normally
damp/boggy bit of the lower garden is too dry for the stuff growing there. A
nice gentle patter of rain (at nights) would be wonderful.

I'm just down the road from Rupert and I'm not watering (apart from
greenhouse and pots on the terrace). Soil surface is dry, but its still
all nice and damp underneath.

I'm caving at the weekend - low water levels will suit me just fine :-)

--
Kay