Old 12-04-2007, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default and so the watering begins...

Well Sacha says she is watering...

and so am I.. outside veg, young fruit trees, border flowers.

I don't usually bother with the grass, but there are big cracks there
already.

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Keith

Old 12-04-2007, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Well Sacha says she is watering...

and so am I.. outside veg, young fruit trees, border flowers.

I don't usually bother with the grass, but there are big cracks there
already.

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Keith

I have been watering as the weather has been so good,the soil is dry even at
a good depth.I have had plants wilting already.We need some april
showers,but dont think will be enough,i don`t like to say it but could do
with a steady downpour for a few days!
Cheers keith
Nottingham

Old 12-04-2007, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:27:33 +0100, Keith \(Dorset\) wrote
(in article ):

Well Sacha says she is watering...

and so am I.. outside veg, young fruit trees, border flowers.

I don't usually bother with the grass, but there are big cracks there
already.

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Up here in Shropshire we are watering new plantings only, at the moment.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 12-04-2007, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Well Sacha says she is watering...

and so am I.. outside veg, young fruit trees, border flowers.

I don't usually bother with the grass, but there are big cracks there
already.

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Keith

Yes-watering here and have been for the last two weeks. Even the normally
damp/boggy bit of the lower garden is too dry for the stuff growing there. A
nice gentle patter of rain (at nights) would be wonderful.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Well Sacha says she is watering...

and so am I.. outside veg, young fruit trees, border flowers.

I don't usually bother with the grass, but there are big cracks there
already.

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Keith

Yes-watering here and have been for the last two weeks. Even the normally
damp/boggy bit of the lower garden is too dry for the stuff growing there.
A nice gentle patter of rain (at nights) would be wonderful.

My water buts are now empty!!!

Mike

Old 12-04-2007, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 12, 9:27 pm, "Keith \(Dorset\)"
wrote:
Well Sacha says she is watering...
and so am I.. outside veg, young fruit trees, border flowers.
I don't usually bother with the grass, but there are big cracks there
already.
Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Hullo Keith! Watered here in manc, and lots of it. Emptied a whole
water but at the lotty - the ground was cracking and the onions looked
very thirsty indeed. There's been days when I thought we'd get
rain .... but nothing. Got sun burns on my neck gallivanting around
yorkshire sculpture park today and on our way back my garden was
pleading for some water. It's the first time that I go around front
and back garden in mid April watering like there's no tomorrow. Now
I'm praying for lots of rain next week - I'll then be back at work
tee hee

Old 12-04-2007, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Well Sacha says she is watering...

and so am I.. outside veg, young fruit trees, border flowers.

I don't usually bother with the grass, but there are big cracks there
already.

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Yes-watering here and have been for the last two weeks. Even the normally
damp/boggy bit of the lower garden is too dry for the stuff growing there. A
nice gentle patter of rain (at nights) would be wonderful.

I'm just down the road from Rupert and I'm not watering (apart from
greenhouse and pots on the terrace). Soil surface is dry, but its still
all nice and damp underneath.

I'm caving at the weekend - low water levels will suit me just fine :-)

--
Kay
Old 13-04-2007, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Keith Kent
wrote:

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Well Sacha says she is watering...

and so am I.. outside veg, young fruit trees, border flowers.

I don't usually bother with the grass, but there are big cracks there
already.

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Keith

I have been watering as the weather has been so good,the soil is dry even at
a good depth.I have had plants wilting already.We need some april
showers,but dont think will be enough,i don`t like to say it but could do
with a steady downpour for a few days!
Cheers keith
Nottingham

I've had a couple of sprinklers intermittently on the go for a week now
-- connected to water butts. But now the butts need rain so may shortly
have to resort to my newly liberated outdoor tap.
Old 13-04-2007, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Well Sacha says she is watering...

and so am I.. outside veg, young fruit trees, border flowers.

I don't usually bother with the grass, but there are big cracks there
already.

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Keith

I will be as soon as I get the outside water tap re-connected. it hasn't
rained for at least two weeks here in Liverpool. Hope it stays dry for the
next few days for the race goers

Old 13-04-2007, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Yes, watering up here in Bolton. It rained a bit on Monday, but nothing
before that for weeks and since then it's been very warm. This time last
year my allotment was a muddy quagmire.

Old 13-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
"Keith (Dorset)" wrote

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Yes, watering up here in Bolton. It rained a bit on Monday, but nothing
before that for weeks and since then it's been very warm. This time last
year my allotment was a muddy quagmire.

I live on a slope near the bottom of a hill so there's still water draining into the garden, this will continue for several months usually but I'm having to water all my containers here in Bedfordshire :-(
Old 15-04-2007, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Well Sacha says she is watering...

and so am I.. outside veg, young fruit trees, border flowers.

I don't usually bother with the grass, but there are big cracks there
already.

Is the rest of the nation watering, or just Dorset and Devon?

Keith

Rain here in west Cornwall most of Saturday afternoon and evening.
Nice gentle but steady stuff. About a third of an inch. We did need
it. Showers forecast for the next few days.

--
Chris

Old 15-04-2007, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Keith (Dorset) wrote:

Well Sacha says she is watering...

and so am I..

I started watering pots, veg seedlings and potatoes (leafing up
happily!) last weekend. The water butt is running dangerously low, so
is now strictly for acid lovers only. Rain some time this week would be
good, but I hesitate to complain about this glorious weather!

Peter

and so it begins, Billy[_4_] Edible Gardening 12 04-03-2008 05:04 PM
Winter comes, Katrina passes and rec.ponds begins to snooze Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 7 28-10-2005 03:02 PM
And the cutting begins... CJ Lawns 0 18-05-2004 02:27 PM
Toad song begins...crickets on speed Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 7 06-04-2003 09:20 AM
Glosso: When it begins to spread? alex crouvier Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 08-03-2003 02:23 PM