Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
last426 last426 is offline

Default Pond Van Advice

On Mar 28, 9:02 pm, ~ jan wrote:
I'm not sure what you might call them in the UK, but here we call them shop
vacs or wet & dry vacs. One takes the pleated filter off to do straight
water. With my 12 gallon capacity I can suck up a lot of muck before it is
filled. I did the lily pond this spring 6' X 15' and it took only 4-6
tankful's. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State

I have the muckvac -- the thing that is sort of water powered. It did
okay but seemed to take a lot of water to do a simple job. I like the
wet vac idea but have not tried it yet -- but I soon will if I find a
long enough rigid hose. Check out my first attempt at a pond at
www.marlia.com