Old 13-04-2007, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brin Brin is offline

Default Harleqin Ladybird.

The Harlequin Ladybird is no ordinary ladybird. It is the most
invasive on earth and it is a "killer" It eats aphids but it also eats
our native ladybirds,butterfly eggs,lacewing larva etc.
It arrived in the UK in 2004 from the USA where it has decimated some
native populations of Ladybird.
A survey has been launched to monitor the spread of the Harlequin.For
details go to:-
http://www.harlequin-survey.org
To help promote the survey I have entered a promise on Pledgebank that
I will do the survey if ten other people will pledge to do so as
well.I need some people to help get the thing running.Its easy and
quick to do.Have a look,go to:-
www.pledgebank.com/killerladybird
REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR NATIVE RED SQUIRREL WHEN THE GREY
SQUIRREL WAS INTRODUCED. PLEASE DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO OUR LADYBIRDS