Old 13-04-2007, 11:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default can I do this OK?

"rb" wrote in message

I'm diddling around putting new throttle and choke cables in my old garden
tractor.

My new throttle and choke cables are about 2' too long.

any reason I can't cut those down?

They're both armor sheath with stiff wire cable inside the sheath.

I assume I'd just pull the cable back to where it clears when I cut the
sheath, then put the cable back in place and cut it to length.

Advice appreciated.

Sounds good to me - except since it is only a couple inches can't you put a
little bend in the route to accomodate the extra length ?