Old 14-04-2007, 01:29 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Using overalpping stones to deeepne pond?

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:16:24 CST, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

I rebuilt my first real liner pond in 2005, removing the plant shelves and
raising the sides of the pond about 2 feet with the stackable landscape
blocks. I then covered the blocks with a geotextile fabric to protect the
liner. You can see the old pond with the block being finished before the
trade over, and the new finished pond on
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/pondpage6.html. Sorry I don't have any
distant shots on the site to show other views. The pond is now about 42
inches deep. The block is holding up fine. I did use the 6 inch thick
block. They weigh in at about 75 pounds per block. The thinner 4 inch
thick block probably does not have the mmmph to hold back much water.

Absolutely enjoyed the website/tour. Great shots, beautiful fish! Two large
ponds now, you'll have to take some shots from a distance so we can see how
they are laid out. :-) ~ jan

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us