Old 14-04-2007, 06:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default overseed or rototill

On 13 Apr 2007 19:45:57 -0700, "mleblanca" wrote:

On Apr 10, 8:16 am, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message
from Persephone contains these words:

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:44:24 GMT, wrote:
forgot to say. start rototilling and there will just be bocu weed
seeds that will
sprout. dont disturb the top layer of the soil. Ingrid
"Bocu" -- fascinating spelling-by-ear for "beaucoup".

:-)

P, why do many Americans spell/pronounce voila as walla? Was the
mispronounciation a catchphrase used in cartoons, perhaps?

Janet

I have often seen it spelled 'viola'
Always wondered whether they thought it referred to the plant or the
musical instrument?? And what did either one have to do with anything?
Or did they even think........
Emilie

"Walla" can be explained as follows.

If we (Americans) were to approximate the real word "voila", we could
write "v-walla", so they're just leaving off the "v".

Vive la difference!

Persephone