Old 14-04-2007, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default First swallows this year

Hi fruitbat

On 13 Apr 2007 23:42:44 -0700, "fruitbat" wrote:

I've been out in my vegetable garden all week and yesterday, Friday
13th, I saw the first swallows of this year - here in S E Ireland. I
recognised the familiar twittering overhead and when I looked up there
was this pair of swallows racing along.
Early, isn't it?. After a week of warm, calm, dry weather, surely
summer is here now.

I was fairly sure that I saw a lone swallow sitting on the overhead
wires on Thursday..... but I didn't 'believe' it until your
posting.....

We're out in the SW of Ireland, near Ballydehob - and it's certainly
been dry for a couple of weeks - the newly-planted bare-root hedging
is starting to look a bit desperate !

Makes a change from all that rain we had from October to March,
though!

Regards
Adrian