Old 14-04-2007, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default First swallows this year

"fruitbat" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've been out in my vegetable garden all week and yesterday, Friday
13th, I saw the first swallows of this year - here in S E Ireland. I
recognised the familiar twittering overhead and when I looked up there
was this pair of swallows racing along.
Early, isn't it?. After a week of warm, calm, dry weather, surely
summer is here now.

our swallows in Gloucestershire seem to come the same time regardless of the
weather, April 11 this year, great to see them isn't it :-)