Old 14-04-2007, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Cook Pam Cook is offline

Default First swallows this year

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

"fruitbat" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've been out in my vegetable garden all week and yesterday, Friday
13th, I saw the first swallows of this year - here in S E Ireland. I
recognised the familiar twittering overhead and when I looked up there
was this pair of swallows racing along.
Early, isn't it?. After a week of warm, calm, dry weather, surely
summer is here now.

our swallows in Gloucestershire seem to come the same time regardless of
the weather, April 11 this year, great to see them isn't it :-)

I'm in North-east Lincolnshire and our first swallow arrived on Thursday,
looking very bedraggled...Amazing to think how far the little creature has
flown...Great to see tho'

Pam