Old 14-04-2007, 03:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
RichToyBox RichToyBox is offline

Default Using overalpping stones to deeepne pond?

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

Thanks Rich,

The end result looks pretty good, but I hadn't really considered using the
HUGE stones. :-) Although I suspect you're right, there may not be much
choice. Are these Unilock stones or some generic variety? Do you remember
the style?

I was considering building a little bump (half wall) on the side to
conceal some sort of filter with outflow.

The block that I used was anchorwall diamond as shown in the link.
http://www.anchorwall.com/HomeOwners...tail.asp?pid=4

I have used it on both ponds. The larger pond needed approximately 3 foot
of wall on the downhill side of the pond to support the dirt removed from
the pond level with the high side. Within a couple of years of building
that pond, I went back and added a vortex filter just outside of the wall
and added more of the retaining wall to go around that vortex.