Old 14-04-2007, 03:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
drsolo drsolo is offline

Default Removing positively charged particles from pond water

all I have been seeing in the junk science is magnets to precip calcium out
of well water. try the experiment. experiments are very good, especially
on a bucket of the dirty water. Ingrid

"DavidM" wrote in message
BTW, did you read my first post in this thread? Do you know if any pond
water clearing techniques that use electrical potentials to remove
dissolved solids. My electrochemistry is a bit rusty and it's not a
particularly well planned experiment. I might just put 12 volts across a
bucket of dirty pond water to see what happens. If clay precipitates and
rises to the surface/sinks to the bottom it should be obvious