Old 14-04-2007, 05:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default Using overalpping stones to deeepne pond?

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
. ..

The block that I used was anchorwall diamond as shown in the link.
http://www.anchorwall.com/HomeOwners...tail.asp?pid=4

I have used it on both ponds. The larger pond needed approximately 3 foot
of wall on the downhill side of the pond to support the dirt removed from
the pond level with the high side. Within a couple of years of building
that pond, I went back and added a vortex filter just outside of the wall
and added more of the retaining wall to go around that vortex.

Thanks, did you use any crushed gravel under the stones to prevent them from
settling?

One problem I have is that the edge of the pond is very close to the walkway
on one side (less than 12"), so I don't know how I would support the stones
there. I think I would have to sink some supports into the dirt and backfill
with gravel. The walkway has poured curbs (KwikKerb) so it can't be moved or
overlapped.