Old 15-04-2007, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sexysatin sexysatin is offline

Default Please help me choose a plant

Thanks for the response. Got some holly already so
i'd rather vary it a bit if possible.

Rhiannon S wrote:
"sexysatin" wrote in message

Hi,
I've had trouble with people throwing stones over
my fence from the park behind and i'm looking at
using plant / tree foliage to obstruct the view
from the park. I have some things planted already
(ie red robin) which seem to work effectively but
now need to fill in the gaps where there is a
clear view over the 6ft fence.

Can anyone please recommend what to plant. Ideally
grows to a maximum of 8-9 ft with most of the
growth between the 6ft and 9ft area. I would like
as little growth as possible below 6ft. The width
of the 2 areas are 10ft and another 15ft. They
would need foiliage all year round obviously and
ideally readily available at graden centres in the
UK. If it helps, i'm in Bedfordshire.

Thanks for any assistance.

For evergreen I'd recommend some form of holly. It has the added bonus of
being spiky, for extra deterence level. If you choose a varigated female
form then you have some pretty leaves in spring and the berrys in winter
too. Should be easy to pick one up just about anywhere.