Old 28-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Robert H

Default Woot! Non-ghetto CO2 is in my future!

Empty wrote in message . ..
2 years I have waited for this... Finally after some ebay shopping and
budgeting... I have a CO2 regulator and a needle valve.

Tonight I will go get a 5lb canister and fittings (to put the needle valve
on the regulator and to put airline on the needle valve). I will be using
the green silicone tubing, as I have heard standard air tubing gets brittle
and lets gas escape. Is it worth buying som other kind of tubing?

Anyone have any other bits of advice? I know the soapy water leak test, and
that the bubble count will change after a bit, so I will be monitoring it
all night.

~Empty

Green silicone tubing is regular airline tubing. That green hagen
stuff is what gets brittle, hard, and cracks... any silicone tubing
will do that. the only difference between the Hagen tubing and regular
silicone tubing is that it is more pliable. What you need is
polyethelene (sp?) tubing. It does not degrade ever, and is used
specifically for C02 and other gases.

Robert