Old 15-04-2007, 04:40 PM posted to rec.ponds
chereena chereena is offline

Default New fish behavior

Of course I did.
they were in a bag floating on the water for about 3 hours before we
released them.

On Apr 14, 1:46 pm, "Reel McKoi" wrote:

oups.com...

I bought some new fish on the internet and released them into my empty
pond yesterday. I have two 16" koi in the main pond, so I put the 9
new ones in a different pond till they get bigger. They are pretty
much staying on the bottom and I have not seen them move much. I fed
them this morning and none came to the surface.

I hope you acclimated them to the new water slowly and didn't just dump them
out into your pond?!?!?!?! If there was a large difference in the temp
and/or PH of the water it may take them awhile to recover.

Wondering if others have had this experience and if it's hopefully
fine?

--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.