Old 16-04-2007, 02:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Sean Anderson Sean Anderson is offline

Default Making a Fibreglass Pond/Feature

I wonder if anyone has experience with this and if they could offer any advice

- materials

- preparation

- what to use / avoid

- techniques

- joining pipework to pond

The layout I am considering is a water feature which will stand about 1m
tall, over flowing through a waterfall into a shallow stream and leading
into the main pond, which will be about (surface) 2.5 x 3.5m and a varying
depth to a maximum of 1.5m. To help with the filtration I will include an
off the shelf system, but feel that the water feature can flow through a
small pool that is loaded with some suitable planting to help naturally clean
the water.

So the areas that I would be looking at is includes :

-- water feature sat on top of a "tray" .

-- plant pool

-- waterfall

-- stream (about 3m long and 30cm wide)

-- pond