Old 16-04-2007, 11:38 PM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default New fish behavior

"chereena" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thank you. They are still there (on the bottom). I am wondering if I
am going to be able to catch them to put them into the larger pond. I
have not put them there yet because they are only about 5" long and
the others are about 16". I have plants on order to give them some
cover, but right now it's just a wide open space. Afraid the adults
will eat them.

Unless the adults are starving they don't eat smaller fish. I have never
seen a koi eat a smaller fish, even a tiny one. The fry happily swim around
with their parents in my ponds. The adults ignore the small fry and go for
the pellets or whatever I'm feeding them.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.