Old 17-04-2007, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rich[_5_] Rich[_5_] is offline

Default Leyland Cypress

Hi,
I have bought a Leyland Cypress and planted it today about 3 foot from my
house. I'm not sure if this will be OK because I am now looking on the
internet and reading about roots and subsidence.
I bought this conifer because it is fast growing and I want to hide my
neighbours conservatory as quick as possible. Will this do any damage to my
house if I keep it trimmed to 8-10 foot tall and as wide as 1 fence panel or
is it best to buy something else?
Thanks