Old 28-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Donald Kerns

Default questions regarding filters, plants, and substrate + a personal note for Phyl & company

LeighMo wrote:

Everything should be here in a week (web/mail order) for my semi low
tech goldfish aquarium (no CO2, use of natural light, lots of plants)
finally!

I'm not sure this is a good idea. I'm all for low-tech tanks, but a
planted
tank with goldfish will be difficult. Goldfish are incorrigible
plant-eaters. I fear they will kill all your plants, since in a low-tech
tank, the plants can't grow fast enough to outpace the damage.

Um, low-tech planted goldfish tank using Walstad principles can be found
here...

http://mike-edwardes.members.beeb.net/plant/lotech.html

HTH,

-Donald
--
"There is nothing so strong as gentleness, and there is nothing so gentle as
real strength." St. Francis de Sales