Old 28-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Ping Ingrid, RichToyBox and others Frys

If you're very, very lucky, the adult fish will indulge in all the fresh
caviar and the fry will be limited. Out of 3 spawns last spring, I only have
7 survivors. I didn't want/don't need any more fish, but because they DID
survive, they have a home, directly resulting in my having to build another
tank in the backyard. But they won't get names, and when I need a
"volunteer" for a Q/H-tank buddy, they will be the ones. However, if a
visitor said they wanted one (or more!) of them, they'd be welcome to them.

Selling fry is kinda out of the question: they're mutts! If there was a show
near by, you may be able to get $2-3 a piece for them. But it's a royal pain
in the butt to get them there, and what do you do with the ones no one
wants?? One of the other alternatives, if you can catch them early enough
(another topic: the little guys are ZOOMERS!!!), they can be sold to a pet
shop for feeders.

Last year I couldn't *wait* for a spawn: this year I hope they found birth
control pills!

Lee

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
.. .
Ok people just thinking ahead. So after the novelty of seeing my Koi

spawn,
I now have to deal with the reality of what to do with hundreds of Fry!

Any Ideas? Sell them to pet stores? Ebay? Here on line to interested
folks?

At what age should I start selling them?

How do you ship Koi across the Country?

--
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."