Old 18-04-2007, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Am I too late to prune autumn raspberries?

" wrote in message
ups.com...
I completely forgot in March, and now they have started new shoots.
Should I just leave them, or cut down last year's growth (which
doesn't seem to have any new shoots from it)? I'm in the NW, so it
hasn't been that warm - I am pretty sure the new shoots are only in
the last couple of weeks as I've been away but I don't remember there
being much new growth before we went away.

Cut out all the dead wood, and leave the new growth.

Alan

Thanks!

Katie