Old 18-04-2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
randyinaloha randyinaloha is offline

Default Hello to all

On Apr 17, 9:35 pm, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Welcome, Randy!

Is aloha a reference to Hawaii? I am thinking about the pond with
ice!

Jim

Hi Jim,
Aloha Oregon is where I live. Just west of Portland. Had 3 in ground
ponds at my old house but now my ex has them (LOL). Have been into
ponds for 15 yrs. or more.
When visiting Kaanapali on the isle of Maui I was repramanded for
sticking my head under water at a fancy hotel. They had plants that
seemed to float. The large koi didn't seem to mind as I found clear
12"dia. plastic tubes holding up plant pots. Not visible from above
water. Have always wanted to make clear water arch between 2 ponds but
do not have space to do that now.
Kathy, too bad about the pictures. I know lots of folks have real nice
water gardens and Jan had some nice photos to share.
Randy