Old 19-04-2007, 01:48 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
drsolo drsolo is offline

Default Pump/Filter Buying Advice

sounds like it needs a veggie filter at the top of the waterfall and do both
jobs. Ingrid.

"Steve" wrote in message
The pond is approx 4500 litres, is about 70cm deep at its deepest, has

full
sun all day and is quite densely populated with goldfish. You may have
guessed already that it is also densely populated with algae too! There

are
a few plants but there are quite a lot of oxygenators. There is a

waterfall
and series of cascades the outlet to which is approx 20 feet away and

about
4 feet higher than the water level with a 1 inch pipe between.

I don't run the waterfall very often and wonder if it might be better to
have a separate pump for the biofilter or if it is better to have one pump
but with an outlet for each. I suppose alternatively I could try to locate
the biofilter at the top of the waterfall which would deal with both jobs.

was also thinking of getting a biofilter with a UV lamp to deal with the
algae.

What do you think?

Steve