Old 19-04-2007, 04:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pump/Filter Buying Advice

"Steve" wrote in message
I don't run the waterfall very often and wonder if it might be better to
have a separate pump for the biofilter or if it is better to have one pump
but with an outlet for each. I suppose alternatively I could try to locate
the biofilter at the top of the waterfall which would deal with both jobs. I
was also thinking of getting a biofilter with a UV lamp to deal with the
algae. Steve

Click on *My Filter* (website in sig.line) and check that out, I use it on
a 1500 and the 2000 gallon Demon Pond. Scroll to the bottom and there are
some smaller filters. I'm planning a 2 barrel system on my 1000 gallon/4500
liter lily pond.

I highly recommend keeping the filter out of the pond. Veggie filters are
always cool. :-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us