Old 19-04-2007, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Unwanted California Fan Palm Seeds

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
I recently ordered some seeds from a company called Supreme Seeds and as a
thank you received a gift of two California Fan Palm seeds. Since these
apparently like hot dry conditions and I live in Shropshire, they don't

seem
terribly appropriateg. Also they can apparently grow to 50 ft.

Now I have no idea whether these seeds will grow in this country or not,

but
if anyone would like them please let me know and I will post them. You

can
email me through the Reply-To address here, but put Seeds in your subject
line to avoid my spam filter - or you can use the contact details in my

web
site at Stonybrook, below.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

I grow Washingtonia robusta here, but with difficulty (it is protected over
winter) the ones on Tresco are also very tatty. I am now trying Washingtonia
filerfera but its not looking as if its going to be a lot tougher. It does
not seem to be cold that's the problem but wet on the leaves while its cold,
so hail and snow just make the leaves go brown,
It is however a very handsome palm and for a palm very fast growing.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk