Old 28-03-2003, 04:08 PM
animaux

Default purple flowering trees

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:02:40 GMT, "Texensis"
wrote:

We had the health department called once on us for our compost pile
and "weeds." .The person who arrived just laughed and said that
whatever the neighbors' rat problem was, it certainly was not our
yard. These are the kinds of neighbors who run an irrigation system
all night long every night throughout the summer and who love that old
weed and feed for their ugly nothing-but-lawn yard. We have some lawn,
also, but there are never any weeds in it, because a couple of years
of hand-picking takes care of it pretty much forever.

Totally! Another neighbor asked me what to do about their weeds and I told them
not to mow short and to fertilize in April, not now. What does the jerk do?
Scalps the lawn and throws down weed and feed, now. I suspect that huge dead
spot in his lawn will be there forever. How unfortunate.

Me, I removed about 200 square feet of sod yesterday by hand. My aching hands
and back are...sore. I plan to plant a whole big bunch of Guara lindheimerii.
They reseed readily and from 3 plants last year I now have about three dozen
brewing in the greenhouse. I also removed the turf from the street strip and
planted bluebonnets and G..lindheimerii 'Sisikyou Pink.' If the neighbors don't
like it, fine. Hummingbirds, and butterflies love it. I am in service to
nature, not to some whim of a jerk with thousands of feet of turf.