Old 21-04-2007, 03:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Fred T. Allen Fred T. Allen is offline

Default Pond Vacuum

Yes, I have removed the filter - duh.
What I want is to "continuously" suck-up debris without the necessity of
emptying the vacume container.
Has anyone had success with the Muck-vac?

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:34:28 CST, "Fred T. Allen"
wrote:

I have a 200+ gal pond under some oak trees and it gets a lot of debri.
I have tried to use a Shop-vac but it just fills up quickly and quits.
Can anyone give me any ideas on how to modify a Shop-vac, or how to build
suction device that will get the leaves and other crap out of the bottom
of
my pond?
If I can't build one for my own use, are there any good inexpensive ones
that anyone can recommend?

How many gallons is your canister? I use a 12 gallon on my 5'X15' lily
pond
~ 1,000 gallons and on my koi ponds and it works great. Perhaps using a
scoop net first and then vac? Did you remove the pleated filter? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us