Old 21-04-2007, 10:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pond Vacuum

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 08:28:07 CST, "Fred T. Allen"
wrote:

Yes, I have removed the filter - duh.

I wasn't meaning to be flippant. I have met people who don't know this.

What I want is to "continuously" suck-up debris without the necessity of
emptying the vacume container.

Wouldn't we all. ;-) Only continuous vacs that I've heard of that do what
we want, get rid of the big stuff, not clog, nor use extensive amount of
fresh water, are ones people have made using pool pumps.

My shop vac has a little drain connection on the bottom, so it drains while
I do something else around the pond. If the drain connection clogs one can
put their hand over the vac end and turn on the vac, creating a reverse
suction thru the connection, clearing the clog. A little thin rod works
too. ;-) For a small pond, 1,000 gallons or less, I love mine. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us