Old 22-04-2007, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default How very provoking

On 21 Apr, 15:19, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
didn't really consider mice, the plants are tumbler tomato's in hanging
baskets about 5ft. up a wall, but I suppose mice do climb very well and yes
the tops have gone. Don't suppose that they will shoot out and grow again?

kate

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Dave Hill" wrote in message

ups.com...

On 21 Apr, 11:39, Sacha wrote:
On 21/4/07 11:16, in article
, "Kate Morgan"

wrote:
I feed the birds and do my very best to provide them with a safe birdy
garden in which to live, then this morning I find that one of the
little
hooters has pecked off the tops of my tiny tomato plants, it is not
good
enough, mutter mutter mutter

kate

Definitely not mice?
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devonhttp://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

I'm with Sacha, field mice would be my bet, Are the tops still there?
If not then mice.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

If there are any leaves left on the stem then you will get side shoots
growing from the leaf axil.