Old 22-04-2007, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Weed Spraying

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 22 Apr, 10:35, topo ag @ag.mail.com wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 22:31:47 GMT, "Alan Holmes"

wrote:

"topo" ag @ag.mail.com wrote in message
.. .
Could anyone here advise please on the correct strength of weedkiller
to water mix when spraying with a pressurised sprayer.
I'm not sure whether or not it should be more concentrated or not as
it goes much further with a finer spray etc. I'm using * Roundup * and
am not sure whether the ratio should be stronger than using a watering
can?

There are specific instructions on the container.

Alan

Yep but I don't know if its me or that they are a bit ambiguous ?? Is
the mix stronger or weaker using a sprayer than a watering can ?

Let me try again.
Follow the directions on the pack, you use the same strength and have
to wet all the leaf surface.
I don't know how else to say it.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries.

And be VERY careful where you spray. Drift/mist from spraying can kill
plants yards away from where you think you are aiming. Most plants will
survive a small amount of mist but some (e.g. grass) is killed very easily
by glyphosphate.