Old 22-04-2007, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rhiannon S Rhiannon S is offline

Default plant holly bush

wrote in message
ups.com...
Would anyone be able to advise on planting a holly bush e.g. which
variety would thrive best in my area. I live in the central belt of
Scotland and I have heavy claylike soil.

To be honest, virtually all of the various types of holly do well here. And
Yews as well, if you wanted to plant one of tose. You can pretty much take
your pick of the various Holy types. I suggest going down the clyde valley
garden centres and nurseries and having a look. Personally, for berries I
like Jc Van Tol and for spikes Hedgehog Holly.
--
Rhiannon_s
Due to it's large carbon footprint the light at the end of the tunnel has