Old 21-04-2007, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default plant holly bush

Would anyone be able to advise on planting a holly bush e.g. which
variety would thrive best in my area. I live in the central belt of
Scotland and I have heavy claylike soil.

Old 22-04-2007, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
ups.com...
Would anyone be able to advise on planting a holly bush e.g. which
variety would thrive best in my area. I live in the central belt of
Scotland and I have heavy claylike soil.

To be honest, virtually all of the various types of holly do well here. And
Yews as well, if you wanted to plant one of tose. You can pretty much take
your pick of the various Holy types. I suggest going down the clyde valley
garden centres and nurseries and having a look. Personally, for berries I
like Jc Van Tol and for spikes Hedgehog Holly.
--
Rhiannon_s
Due to it's large carbon footprint the light at the end of the tunnel has

Old 30-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Would anyone be able to advise on planting a holly bush e.g. which
variety would thrive best in my area. I live in the central belt of
Scotland and I have heavy claylike soil.
I grew a young holly tree in a large tub very successfully giving it minimum attention over a four year period. I decided to plant it into the garden without disturbing the roots too much & was saddened to see its leaves turn yellow & fall.
I live in the Central belt of Scotland also. (Same soil type as janjo).

Yaupon Holly (and other holly questions) Susan Hogarth North Carolina 5 11-01-2005 05:16 PM
holly bush problem tommy Gardening 2 10-04-2004 10:32 PM
Transplanting a holly bush Devlin United Kingdom 14 11-01-2004 01:32 PM
Transplanting a holly bush Devlin United Kingdom 3 06-01-2004 11:13 PM
Holly bush doesn't look too well nobody Gardening 4 23-03-2003 01:32 PM