Old 22-04-2007, 06:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Need to remove my existing driveway

If you are lucky, the driveway is a 4" slap poured on a flat surface, and
will come up easily. If you are not lucky, you may find your driveway was
poured over a bed of rubble and construction junk, and will go 12" or deeper
in some places, and will not come up easily. I recently had my driveway
replaced, and part of my driveway was the latter. They actually got their
tractor stuck trying to get some of the pieces up. There were bricks, rock,
and all kinds of junk

Here are some pics of my driveway being removed, it shows some clean slabs
coming up easily, and it shows them having to drill other pieces for every
little piece they could get out.

http://emberts.no-ip.info/stuff/2006.../2006december/

Do like others have suggested. Hire a local excavator to do it for you -
they have the equipment and experience, and know how to get it up and
dispose of it. It's well worth the money, and should not cost very much.

"draku" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm planing to do remove my existing driveway this summer and build
new garage on the other side of the house. Does anyone have experience
with removing pavement driveway? What tools to use? Any tips?
I leave in NJ

Thanks,
Jim