Old 22-04-2007, 05:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Olde Hippee Olde Hippee is offline

Default UV finally

On Apr 20, 3:37 pm, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Jim and I have used a UV for several years. Last year, the housing
had to be changed (Tetra made good on a faulty piece of equipment).
For the first part of the spring, we did not use the UV. Then the
water began to cloud. Now it has a greenish tinge. Jim decided to
change the bulb...after 2 years. When he opened it, he got a
surprise! He had forgotten to put the bulb in the new housing! NO UV
was definitely not enough to handle the early algae as the veggies are
kicking in. We expect clearer water in a few days.

Phyllis

OMG, that is so funny, I'm glad we're not the only ditzes in the
world!! Hope the uv makes it gin clear. Our pond in DE is green,
green, green. The fish are eating well, and we're waiting for the
'bugs' in the filters to start working. Also some plants to help eat
the nutrients the algae like will be helpful. The water lilly is
putting out leaves, and I see water celery growing out of the pond so
will dig that up and pot it for the upper pond.. Prayerfully we will
be feeding and seeing more than fish noses!!

Nan