Old 22-04-2007, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith Kent Keith Kent is offline

Default meconopsis Q

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Keith Kent" contains these words:

I have a meconopsis sheldonii,i got three off T & M two years ago, i lost
two of them.The one left has come up and looks like it has a flower bud,
know you are supposed to be cruel to be kind and take off the flower bud
build up the plant. Or should i let nature take its course and leave
alone.My only worry is disbudding then losing it over winter!!
any feedback appreciatted.
thanks keith

If I remember the theory correctly, if you _don't_ disbud it,
it'll act like an annual, and you'll lose it anyway!

By disbudding it, it acts like a perennial...

I'll be up at Branklyn Gardens tomorrow, (original UK home of
the Mecanopsis) and I could ask about it, if you like?

--
'She'

~Rosa Luxemburg

Hi, Please do,i know some die after flowering and some are short lived
perennials (is this the same)which sheldonii is ( so are they perennial
until they flower)!!
i am confusing myself now!
thanks keith