Old 23-04-2007, 04:16 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] nobody@junk.min.net is offline

Default turtle in a koi pond

In . com, on 04/16/07
at 07:20 PM, "kthirtya" said:

Jan and I both learned, when we built ponds that
*didn't* have big fish in them, that our native tree
frogs will not enter a pond where they might be
eaten! Smart little hoppers. Maybe the toads are
worried.

Toad tadpoles taste bad (their skin contains the same poison adult toads'
warts do.) Fish quickly learn not to eat the little black squigglers
after spitting a few out.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21