Old 23-04-2007, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Orchid Gods was speaking of virus testing

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 22, 2:03 pm, "K Barrett" wrote:

j_a, you've angered The Orchid Gods. They require that you buy another
orchid. Its the only way to appease them. They require periodic 'wallet
sacrifice'. 'I gave at the office' excuses don't apply. Neither does 'I
have no space' (See Rob's Rules). You simply *have* to go buy another
orchid. Do it quick before they decide you have to buy more than one....
wound up at the Sacramento Orchid Show with 4 new orchids.....

I hope the gods are satisfied, but somehow I doubt it.

-sniffle- but.. but--i repotted my l. discolor yesterday and of course
one of the branches broke off, so i stuck it in another pot; now i
technically have *two* l. discolors. does that count?? -puppy dog
eyes- (of course, once it roots it's going to my sister in law, but
the orchid gods don't have to know that....)

and i really *don't* have any more space. and it's one thing to
wander all over NYC all day with a two inch pot in one's pocket, but
i really couldn't have done it with anything bigger. (although from
what i could see, the sellers were doing a bang up business; lots of
folks leaving there with armfuls of plants.)

-will not buy more plants will not buy more plants-

--j_a

See? You broke a plant already.... so far the score is Orchid Gods 2, j_a
0. But hey, people have ignored the gods before. Its what makes us human.
Or as the Borg say 'hyoomanh'. Resistance really *is* futile. *G*

K Barrett