Old 24-04-2007, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Serena Blanchflower Serena Blanchflower is offline

Default white leaves

* jsp wrote, On 24/04/2007 20:33:
What is the likely cause for leaves turning white?

I can't name the plant affected, but it's a small tree which I'm informed
will climb against a fence. I was given it about a month ago and have
planted it in a pot with potting compost. Two leaves have turned white on
the upper face, the underside still being green.

What could be the cause of this, and what should I do in an attempt to fix
it?

There's a good chance that all you have to do is enjoy it. Is it an
Actinidia Kolomikta
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/16.shtml)?
If so, this is absolutely normal and the leaves will shortly go pink
as well.

--
Cheers, Serena

Only the foolish visit the land of the cannibals (Maori proverb)