Old 25-04-2007, 03:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Glenn Meyers Glenn Meyers is offline

Default Cyp Acaule Soil Mix

Thanks Danny! Just fyi, if you like Acaule's there is a nursery on EBAY that
propagates them and offers them very reasonably. I won't mention the name as
I am not sure this newsgoup allows that but I could email it to you.

Thanks again for the advice,

Glenn

"danny" wrote in message
I've grown them in just "Nature's Helper" composted pine bark (sold as a
soil amendment at Home Depot or Lowes) and they seemed to do ok (until I
moved to a new house and left them under the deck in undrained trays for
six months, lost a lot of them after that treatment.) I think the vinegar
is supposed to be something like 1/3 cup per gallon, you could probably
ask Carson Whitlow at Cyp. Haven.
-danny