Old 25-04-2007, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default 'Hardening Off'

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:37:14 +0100, Tim W wrote
(in article ):

Iread in many places about the need to gently introduce seedlings to the
outside. What's the point of this? It sounds like a lot of fuss and bother.

I don't really understand the reference to "fuss and bother" Tim. We have an
old garden table outside the greenhouse. I merely put the young plants on
that during the day and put them back in the greenhouse at night for a while.
Then when I am sure the night-time temperatures are reasonable, I leave them
on the table at night as well. Then when they have got over this new regime
g I plant them out. It is no more a bother than watering them is. I have
always believed in making only one change at a time to plants, so I don't
move them out and replant them at the same time.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk