Old 25-04-2007, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Unknown Veg from Malta

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
oups.com...
This year whilst i was in Malta I bought a Veg in the marrow family
which a friend thought was called the 100 year fruit? but I wont swear
to this as the stall I bought it of knew no english name for it.
Pics at http://www.twango.com/channel/Taffy4u2.Unknown
Also on there is a picture of a pink flower, bought the seed last year
as a Solanium with edible fruit, it's no Solanium.
The plants were grown in an unheated poly tunnel and died back to
ground level for the winter.
Any ideas as to the names of either/bot5h plants.
Thanks
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries.

Is your news server playing up? Just in case it's abolished my earlier
reply, it looks like a choko, a chayote. Pointless recipes at:
http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/200...rchives?p=1320

--
Mike.