Old 20-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Corcoran. Bil

Default [IBC] Unhappy Privet

I have a Privet (Ligustrum Sinesis) that has been unhappy lately. It is
indoor, in a south facing window, plenty of light, roots seem fine, temp
mid-sixty's or higher, and humidity tray but still it seems unhappy.
Slowly the leaves have partially dried out and then dried completely and
dropped. The leaves feel generally droopy and even though it is
producing new leaves some of the new ones even dry and drop. I've
carefully checked for any pests and it seems fine and I see no evidence
of anything mildew related either. The only symptoms I see are the
leaves drying out and/or drooping. I'm careful but the only thing I can
come up with is perhaps over-watering? It is confusing because the
leaves turn dark green at the end only, then they dry completely and
drop (not sure if that's how over-watering would affect it). These
Privets are usually bulletproof, it does not seem root-bound or does not
have rotten roots. It's neighbor privet has a few leaves doing the
same, and this privet has done this before, just never this severe.

Our winter has been severe and it is near a window, but that's where it
wintered last year with no problems.

I'm letting it dry out a little now since it only has a few bundles of
leaves left. Any ideas?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++