Old 26-04-2007, 11:28 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Euphorbia Thai Hyrbid

"Mike Gellert" wrote in message
Hello all,
I live in Brisbane, the intended planting area is 8' x 16", bricked in
garden on the front veranda. Facing south, no sun in winter months, One
hour morning & three hours late afternoon sun in summer. Plenty of natural
light.
I wish to plant 4 or 5 Euphorbia Thai Hybrid plants ( Crowns of Thorns )
as my 'friendly' nursery man tells me they will flower without sun. I have
my doubts !
I would appreciate any advise. To be or not to be or whatever !

I love Euphorbias and have quite a few but don't know "Crown of Thorns". I
did a google and found out that it does have thorns!!!!

Must get it. Based on my experieinces with Euphorbias, I think it should
flower in your hotter climate, but even if they don't, I find that the
foliage is the reason why I grow them and I wouldn't really care if they
didn't flower. Try them and let us know if they do or don't flower, and if
they don't, pass them on to someone else who has a sunnier spot or move them
if you have the space.