Old 26-04-2007, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default How very provoking

Having thought that I was being very clever and having moved my baskets
into the greenhouse - see earlier post - I find this morning that another
plant has been gobbled up, so it must be mice I suppose :-(

Sounds horribly like it. And if you've got one......... I do suggest you
get a company in to put down bait in the right places and boxes. I've had
to do it in my previous house and it's routine here - every six weeks in
season. The problem with ignoring mice is that in autumn they find nice,
warm, cosy places to live and sometimes, that's your attic or cellar.
Then
they nibble on electrical cabling etc. and that is NOT safe. Much better
to deal with the problem now, have regular checks throughout the summer
and
put your mind at rest longterm. The company we use is called Baroque and
they're excellent. I have no idea if they operate outside this area but
if
they do, I recommend them.

Thank you Sacha, most helpful, I haven't noticed any in the house - just
spiders - I keep bait down all the time in the stables and don't have
very much trouble there either. Now to get some more tomato plants going

kate