Old 26-04-2007, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Unknown Veg from Malta

On 25 Apr, 21:29, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:
"Dave Hill" wrote in message

oups.com...

This year whilst i was in Malta I bought a Veg in the marrow family
which a friend thought was called the 100 year fruit? but I wont swear
to this as the stall I bought it of knew no english name for it.
Pics athttp://www.twango.com/channel/Taffy4u2.Unknown
Also on there is a picture of a pink flower, bought the seed last year
as a Solanium with edible fruit, it's no Solanium.
The plants were grown in an unheated poly tunnel and died back to
ground level for the winter.
Any ideas as to the names of either/bot5h plants.
Thanks
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries.

Is your news server playing up? Just in case it's abolished my earlier
reply, it looks like a choko, a chayote. Pointless recipes at:http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/200...rchives?p=1320

--
Mike.

Thanks Mike,
Something is playing up as I didn't have a single new message on the
group yesterday, and it still says no activity despite several new
messages this morning.
Knowing how MSN and a couple of other servers have been playing up I
just thought that with time it would come back.
Thanks again.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries