Old 28-03-2003, 07:20 PM
kush

Default slight snail problem...what kind of loach?

Try horsehead loaches if you can find them. I have two in my 75-gallon.
The don't eat any snails I put in the tank but they clean up any snail spawn
within moments of it being produced.

http://www.loaches.com/species_pages...othynchus.html

I also have yo-yo loaches in another tank and find them to be very
destructive digging up plants.

kush

Dave M. Picklyk wrote in message
a...
Cool look'n loach. They look like yoyo loaches however, same family? Would
it be possible that the LFS would mix the two types up?

"Dave Millman" wrote in message
Try Botia rostrata if you can find them. They are very active and

sociable,
don't eat any plants, and max out at about 3.5 inches. I've had mine for

15
months.

http://www.loaches.com/species_pages..._rostrata.html