Old 27-04-2007, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default Orchids of New Guinea

OOPs - make that $AUD 1 = $USD 0.83 - we are not a banana republic yet!

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Hey what are you guys complaining about. The Australian Dollar is
currently trading at $AUD 1 = $USD 0.083. So if you think it is expensive
for you guys to buy books/CDs priced in Euros or for travelling to Europe
spare a thought for people in countries such as Canada, Australia, New
Zealand, etc whose currency is below parity with the $USD.

No more complaining please!

But the upside is, travel to Australia and New Zealand is affordable for
you guys.

Cheers

John

"jadel" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 27, 10:28 am, "Eric Hunt" wrote:
I have two of the Orchids of New Guinea CD-ROMs and they are really
stellar.
Only complaint I had, and I was told this has improved in the later CDs,
is
the images are teeee-tiny on my modern 19" LCD.

An excellent resource, especially for those of you in Europe - that
price is
really good. Not so good for us over here, though. =(

-Eric in SFwww.orchidphotos.org

Yeah the drop in the dollar's value is taking its toll.

I just ordered a book from Britain; it was painful to watch the
conversion calculation.

However, when my daughter comes over from London, she gets great buys
on stuff here.

The dollar is at 1.36/ Euro, too, not good news for our school's
semester abroad program in Austria.

J. Del Col